Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Continued Silence

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were an expert on my life and how I should live it.  Please continue while I take notes." ~Unknown~

I am still pondering possible responses to my father's email.  It came in on May 30th and daily I contemplate how to proceed.  Daily, I realize that I am still too angry to attempt such a feat, gracefully.  And I also remember why I hadn't made contact with him for over two years prior to the May 29th mistake.

But at least now it is only PTS keeping me up late and waking me up through the night--it is no longer also the anger at my father's audacity, ignorance, blindness? Good lords. I don't even know how to describe what that was...  Ludicrous? Delusional? Complete arrogance sugar-coated with a heavy dusting of complete and utter bullshit?

I must admit--it made me laugh manically out loud, cry, shake my head, shake my fist and every day I have a new contemplated retort.  I can't imagine what it is like to live in his world.  If that is his perception of reality, I think perhaps I need to start speaking to the brothers about local dementia facilities.

I only shared bits of the email with three people. My boyfriend (can't get used to that fiance word), whom believes that I am best off with no response and continue with keeping him banned from my life.  My youngest brother, whom thinks that sharing my perception of the situation is a good idea (he wants reconciliation and I cannot say that I agree). And my cousin, whom was able to make me laugh about the response.

All I know is, I did receive one valuable piece of wisdom from my father over the years: "Never get into a pissing fight with a skunk. You can't win and you wind up smelling just as bad..."

No comments:

Post a Comment