Sunday, December 8, 2013

Directions

Standing at crossroads is never easy.  You would think that after decades of practice, one would get the hang of it.  Truth is, there are days that I am sure the years of practice only make it more difficult.  Balancing, weighing options, making a choice?  Lift the fog, allow me to glimpse ahead and perhaps I could.  When you are in your twenties, the options seem limitless, bouncing back is easier.  In your thirties, you feel adult enough to responsibly make a choice.  At the moment, picking a road seems like too much effort--I have already been on both roads, I know where they lead.  Journeying back if I choose the wrong one seems impossible.  Today, I just find myself worn down, weary and contemplating setting up camp because my heart is too heavy to withstand another fatal blow.

No comments:

Post a Comment