Monday, March 25, 2024

More Endings

    I recently quit my job.  I quit one week before my eighteenth anniversary with the agency.  In all of my years there they never acknowledged any of my milestones, so even though I tried to hit that eighteen year milestone for myself, that was as close as I could get while maintaining my sanity.  After twenty-five years as a therapist, I think I am taking a break from the field, if not leaving it all together.

    I have no idea what life holds next.  I am blessed with the opportunity to take a break and I know that I have to do this to heal.  The past four years held so much work trauma that I barely escaped with my life.  I am hoping that I may start blogging more during this break as writing helps me figure out my path and I have lost so much over the past four years.  Between work, being ill, the pandemic, and just the world in general, I have been a mess.  I've lost my coping skills, my hobbies, and my passions.  I'm not even sure who I am at this point.  I'm in a very transitional place and I need some help figuring out which direction to take next.  Hopefully writing more can help me figure everything out.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment