Tuesday, September 4, 2012

When Love Hurts

Just a quick look at another blog and their take on abusers--all very good information and a fantastic site for creating domestic violence awareness.  Overall though, this one really hit home for me...

 
And my comment:
"I lost most of my family when I sought a PFA against an ex-boyfriend, two years ago. Even now, my family is divided as a result and many still take his side. I no longer go to family functions and have barred my father from my life since getting the PFA. People that I thought were my close friends cast me out for “hurting him” with the PFA. Thank you for bringing up this point and creating awareness..."
 
It truly amazes me how dating him and ultimately breaking-up with him, still has this much effect on my life, two and a half years later.  Even with all he has done to women before and since me, they still take his side.  It broke my heart then and the pain doesn't seem to end.  Sometimes moving forward is still such a challenge.  Even though I know I am better off without him, without my father, without my family, without his family, and without the friends that I then thought were my life--the pain still cripples...

No comments:

Post a Comment