Saturday, August 10, 2013

Just Another Player

I have a friend that is a psychic.  At some point after the incident with my father, the PFA and the police, I had her complete a reading for me.  It was actually her suggestion that I begin this blog as a method of moving on, healing, and removing the "boulders" from the "fertile ground of my life" as opposed to trying to bury them and having them continuously resurface.  She was also the one that suggested that this blog may actually be used as an example for others in moving beyond/surviving domestic violence.  Her thoughts were that if I continue to attempt to bury these boulders/issues, they will continue to create mounds that prevent me from ever being able to build a happy future.  So move the boulders, I do.
 
Most interesting to me was that she told me the events that transpired were not actually my lesson to learn.  I was primarily a pawn in someone else's life lesson.  I have wondered about that one ever since.  Perhaps it was one of the police officers' lessons regarding using excessive force on civilians? Mayhaps a reminder to one of the hospital workers that their own family issues weren't truly worth being angry about and that it was time to forgive their own family?  Perhaps a lesson to one of the individuals that ignored the proper procedures during the crisis steps and spent a significant chunk of time worrying about the lawsuits that could follow? 
 
Was it a lesson to one of my family members?  My brother?  My father?  A lesson that they may not even realize until years from now?  Maybe it was a lesson for the PFA-ex or one of his family members?  Who is to know?  Perhaps it was a lesson to many?
 
How do the events in our lives shape and touch others?  Maybe it isn't always karma or life giving us a hard time.  Maybe sometimes we are just are a major part of the script in what becomes a landmark event/lesson for someone else?  As Shakespeare stated "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players."

Now I am just waiting for life to teach the lesson, through me, that winning the lottery and becoming a hermit is the best thing that can happen to some folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment