Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Just Another Conundrum

Some have wanted much bigger breasts.  
Some would prefer it all petite.

Some have wanted me to be their mother. 
Some wished me nothing like her.

Some have wanted more passion. 
Some desired so much less.

Some have complained that I was too free.
Some grew frustrated that I couldn't relax. 

Some have wanted control and chains.
Some continuously pushed away.

Some have tried to change me.
Some thought I changed too much.

Some have felt intelligence was a flaw.
Some were embarrassed by the lack.

Some have demanded quiet and meek.
Some desired more social grace.

Some have asserted that fighting was needed.
Some felt conflict was better avoided.

Some have been stuck in the past.
Some were terrified of the present.

Some couldn't stop being womanizers.
Some saw me as a safe cover.

Some thought of me as their financial gain.
Some saw a break for escaping their own debt.

They have all wanted something that I am not.
They have all called it love.

They have all expected me to accept them.
None could love me for who and what I am.

None really understood love.
None thought about it until I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment