Thursday, September 29, 2011

Familiar Ground

I trod over this ground, not sure if I am falling or lifting myself back up.
I look behind and see where I have stumbled and fallen so many times.
I remind myself, this is a new path. It may not have the same stones.
Yet I brace myself and stumble due to my own movement.

Fear of past pitfalls.
Fear of past boulders.
Fear because I am in the dark.
Fear because I am afraid to see clearly.
Fear that this is not truly a road.
Fear that it is a circle.

Trust.
I try.
I have.
I am.

Forgive.
The past.
The players.
Myself.

Love.
Unsure.
Frightened.
Hurt.

I cannot blame this one for the others.
I must look beyond these doubts.
Is anything else even similar?
Is there just cause for this?

I will never move forward unless I try.
So simple, yet absolutely maddening.
I profess to be here and now.
Yet, where am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment