Monday, October 17, 2011

Grasping Bootstraps

Why the deep sense of injustice? Why blog about events of the past that are probably better off forgotten? Is this just some pathetic pity party; an attempt to elicit sympathy?

There are some events in our life that are immobilizing, crippling, demoralizing--they shatter our very sense of who we are--our self-esteem and faith in the world are never the same. We struggle to understand what has happened; why it has happened and we fight to pick ourselves back up. We fight to return to some semblance of normalcy and we fight with hopes that it never happens again. This is one of those battles.

I am trying very hard to move forward and to save myself from future pains. I am struggling to make sense of it all in the best way that I know how. My other hope is that perhaps other people in similar situations will benefit from this or prevent themselves from similar traps. In short though, this is part of my healing. This is my personal therapy; welcome along on the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment