Thursday, August 9, 2012

Returned

I have to admit, I have been bothered by my father's message since May and not a day has gone by that I didn't contemplate my response. The anger has finally passed (for the most part) and the situation just makes me sad, overall.  My boyfriend feels that this is progress and shows that I am moving through the grief cycles--his opinion is that I am better off without my father and shouldn't respond to the email.  I am sure he is right, but I don't know what I want. 

I guess I want my father to recognize that he was wrong and apologize. The bigger part of me understands that my father is not capable of ever admitting he is wrong.  I may regret it, but today, I finally responded--short, sweet, to the point... Most of my practice runs are saved as drafts here--they were all too lengthy and still unfinished. Granted my return message still contained more fire and anger than I wanted, but without rereading his message or torturing myself with it again, this seemed to sum it up best... 

"Really? This is what you believe? That you were supportive of me at the PFA hearing and through the entire situation? And you really give yourself credit with saving my life? What did you do that helped? Nothing in this message makes a bit of sense..."


No comments:

Post a Comment