Friday, July 19, 2013

District Court Sunshine

Most of you know that the PFA with my ex ended April 22, 2013.  My current fiancé is pretty much the only one that is aware that the same type of stuff started happening here again about two weeks before the PFA ended and continued until about a month ago.  It was the same type of incidents as before--little stuff that I would never be able to prove--enough to make me look crazy if I went to the police or told anyone about it.   The fiancé knows simply because he lives here, too and he was the one to discover some of the incidents.  Now I know why it ended as suddenly as it started again.
 
There was one tiny paragraph in last night's paper stating that my PFA ex was "charged with making a materially false written statement under penalty. Bail was set at $5000, unsecured."   Since his lies were the root of many of the reasons that I am still alienated from my family and since that entire relationship was built on lies--it was just kind of funny to sit back and say "Hmmm, well what do you think about that???"  Every now and then, when karma's eyes turn and catch something it missed--everyone gets a peek.  Yesterday was one of those days.  The truth can only stay contained for so long.  I have to admit, rotten as it is, there is a part of me that is glad it was in the newspaper, there for the world to see.
 
The person that contacted me letting me know about the contents in the newspaper mentioned that I should "cut out that court report and rub it in someone's face."  Unfortunately, that "someone" has changed their story, over and over, as well.  While I was in the midst of the mess and trying to secure the PFA, my father kept insisting that "______ wouldn't do those things--he's a good guy" and told family members that he knew I was the one lying because "I was and always had been a liar."  Later, his story changed to: he was "supporting me through the entire PFA hearing, I was just too far gone to realize it"  and that he "never had any doubts that _______ was bad for me."  Funny how that works--all part of saving the day, I guess.  Being the hero has always been a priority for him--in fact, choosing to be ______'s hero through the PFA process was a huge part of what led to our current alienation.

Not to mention that my father should also have been charged with "making a materially false written statement under penalty" with regards to my 302 papers.  I should have known that things weren't right and run when my father told me that ________ was my first boyfriend that he had ever approved of.  Peas in a pod, that's for sure.  And well, even if no one else has noted the flavor of crazy my father is, my youngest brother is at least starting to see it.  The rest of the world and my family may see my father as an upstanding pillar of the community--holder of truth and justice--but I think the veil is wearing thin, there as well.  Hell, he has sixty plus years of this crap behind him--karma can't be that blind.  Can it?

At any rate, ______'s lying finally caught up to him.  It's funny, the surest way to know he was lying during the relationship was when he would swear on his father's grave--every single time--lying.  Not that there weren't a heap of other lies and deceptions, the "father's grave" ones were always just a dead give away (no pun intended).  And that little district court paragraph also explains why the incidents here ended when they did.  I am sure that whatever mess he has gotten himself into, this time, was weighing on him enough that even the chance of getting caught messing around here was no longer worth whatever satisfaction he was getting from it.  It is nice to know that, at least for a little while, I can rest knowing that things should be quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment